Friday, October 29, 2010

Ramen Noodle Slaw Salad



I had such a craving for this salad one day.  I posted on the chat boards for recipes and got several different versions.  I ended up trying them all and then taking what I liked best out of all the recipes to make this one.  I really enjoy the Asian tangy sweet flavors in this salad but I think what I love most of all is the crunch. 

You will need

*my salad oil looks white because I keep it in the frig--oil gets rancid quick here in AZ ;-)

In a large bowl combine canola oil, sesame seed oil, sugar, vinegar, seasoning packet from Ramen and sesame seeds.


this is the vinegar I use (I photographed the wrong bottle in the ingredients above)
 Bento 14, tigger tails, ramen salad 011

Whisk together.


Add I bag coleslaw (I get the one with the purple cabbage and carrots shredded in it because it looks pretty~but the grocery store was out, so no pretties today), 4 chopped green onions and sunflower seeds.  Toss to combine with dressing.  Cover and refrigerate.


In a skillet melt butter.  Add almonds and crushed Ramen noodles. 



Saute, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted.  Keep a close eye on these as there is no cure for burnt.


Right before you are ready to serve combine the slaw mixture with the toasted almonds and Ramen.

I sprinkled a little edemame on top since I had some left over.

Happy Salad eating from The Lemonista :-)
Ramen Noodle Slaw Salad

1 bag Coleslaw mix (with shredded carrots & purple cabbage)
4 green onions chopped
1 package Ramen noodle, Asian flavor
1/2 c. sunflower seeds (I get the ones roasted with sea salt at Safeway)
1  2oz package slivered almonds, toasted
1/3 cup canola or peanut oil
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup Rice Vinegar
2 Tbls butter
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. black sesame seeds

In a large bowl combine canola oil, sesame seed oil, sugar, vinegar, seasoning packet from Ramen and sesame seeds. Whisk together.  Add I bag coleslaw, 4 chopped green onions and sunflower seeds. Toss to combine with dressing. Cover and refrigerate.
In a skillet melt butter. Add almonds and crushed Ramen noodles.
Saute, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted. Keep a close eye on these as there is no cure for burnt.
Right before you are ready to serve combine the slaw mixture with the toasted almonds and Ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment